We are looking for a Network & Systems Administrator. The company is a leading provider of networked digital lifestyle devices and is a multi-faceted company with strengths in product design, visual and mobile technology. They offer unrivalled breadth and depth of products and integrated technologies across platforms through their brand, including digital projectors, LCD monitors, LCD TVs, digital cameras and mobile computing devices and designer lighting products. The European regional office, headquartered in Eindhoven, supports ten sales offices across Europe. The company is the number one DLP® brand worldwide and is in one of the top three positions in projector sales in over twenty-two European countries. They are a LED monitor expert, being one of the top five selling monitor brands in various countries like Austria, Norway, Russia and Sweden in their territory.
Within the IT department in Eindhoven we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Network & Systems Administrator
a mature, experienced, IT professional who is looking to grow
As an ICT Specialist in the IT Services team you will work with IT colleagues in the European regional headquarters, located in Eindhoven, managing and supporting a European wide IT infrastructure, including key systems hosted in the company data center in Eindhoven. The European organisation makes also part of the global organisation and IT platform. Working at the European Headquarters in Eindhoven will give you exposure to, and experience with, many mainstream and leading-edge technologies and products.
Core Tasks & Responsibilities
Network & System Administration:
- Depending on the platform – designing / building / maintaining / supporting:
* The European wide Windows Active Directory domain which is part of a global Active Directory network architecture.
* The Microsoft Exchange platform which supports all European offices, and which is part of the company global Exchange email architecture.
* All servers in the data center in the European headquarters, as well as servers in Europe’s national subsidiary offices run on the VMware vSphere virtual server platform managed via a single, Europe wide, vCenter instance. In the data center there is a leading-edge HP SAN for shared data storage.
* Linux & Unix servers – OS level maintenance and installing and managing several turnkey solutions running on LAMP or similar Linux/Unix platforms.
* The European wide networking, VPN, WLAN and telecommunication systems using equipment from leading manufacturers such as HP Enterprise.
* All related technical equipment supporting the above systems.
Pan European End-User IT Support:
- 1st line IT support for office automation systems (desktops, printers, servers, networks), including Microsoft Terminal Server based thin-client platforms, in the Europe regional headquarters in Eindhoven. Helping & backing up staff in national subsidiary offices throughout Europe who act in a non-specialist IT support function for those local offices.
- 2nd line IT support of any queries related to any offices’ servers and/or IT systems.
- College (MBO/HBO) or higher school level education, ideally with further education in IT.
- One or more technical certifications in Microsoft, VMware, Linux/Unix or other relevant technology platforms – or equivalent working experience.
- Experience with computer (workstation & server) hardware and operating systems listed above.
- Experience in networking technologies and equipment.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement, Mandarin is beneficial but not essential; other European languages, particularly Dutch, an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and investigate and solve varying technical issues.
- Ability to handle stress while maintaining a customer focus.
- An attitude which values reliability and initiative – in yourself as well as others.
What we offer:
We offer a challenging position in a global organisation. As well as a remuneration package which meets market standards (and bonuses on top), we give successful candidates the opportunity to work in an independent way with interesting and varied responsibilities. We will be pleased to tell you more about it.
What we do for you:
100% Talent Oost-Brabant has been asked to take care of the full process for recruitment for this position. We have specialized in recruitment for positions in IT in Eindhoven area, and our Talent Recruiters are always capable, by education and experience, to find the perfect match. We like to tell you more about this.
Are you interested?
Applicants must be an EU resident or have an existing work permit allowing them to work freely in the Netherlands. Preference will be given to candidates currently residing in the Eindhoven area. We are looking for a mature and experienced IT professional who is looking to grow with the company in a demanding and responsible position.
If you believe you have the necessary qualifications to accept this challenging position, and are interested in becoming a part of the IT-team, please send your application, including a current CV in English by e-mail to: email@example.com, to the attention of Frans Vonk, Talent Recruiter. For more information you can also call to: 06 46 777 888.
Wij hebben regelmatig vacatures als Network & Systems Administrator / Systeem en Netwerkbeheerder, of andere vacatures in ICT. Staat jouw vacature er niet bij? Informeer dan naar de mogelijkheden en neem contact op.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org